Schoking food:Mämmi


Risultati immagini per mammi finnish food
The other day I was talking to one of my patient at the hospital and talking About traditional food she asked me if I have already tried the Mämmi.

To be honest I have never heard about it before and it was a lot of fun when she tried to describe it to me saying that this typical finnish dessert actually looks like poop.

She told me that Mämmi is made of water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned salt, and dried powdered Seville orange zest, the preparation takes many hours, and after baking the mämmi is stored chilled for three to four days before being ready to eat.
this dessert is Generally eaten cold with either milk (thet is how she preferes it) or cream and sugar, and less commonly with vanilla sauce. On old times it was also eaten by some spread on top of a slice of bread.

She said that it is very sweet and after one spoon you may already fell like it is enough.

Apparently It is possible to buy it in the normal stores here in Finland so, now I am really curious to try it .

I will keep you updated about it ;)

PS the pictures I found so far actually remindme  about poop.....

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog