My shock in Ranua


IMPORTANT: For turists who are interested in some tips when coming to Finland... DO NOT PLAN TO STAY IN RANUA FOR LONG TIME
 
 
Ranua is a little town in the south of Rovaniemi, we spent there one night at the local guesthouse. I can honestly say that there is nothing in that place.

Apart from the nice Zoo (where we went the day after our arrival) there is nothing going on in the town.
I am very sorry to say that, walking down the street in the city Centre at 8pm it felt like walking in a ghost’s town at midnight.

I was so schoked.
For who comes from a big city like me it is hard to imagine how people can live in such a place for a long time.

I know that Finnish people love to have their space, their silence and peace but it was almost terrifing how desert this place was.
The few people that we met looked very reserved and distant.

Overall, this was probably the most different place from Italy I have visited in Finland.
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog