My shock in Ranua IMPORTANT: For turists who are interested in some tips when coming to Finland... DO NOT PLAN TO STAY IN RANUA FOR LONG TIME Ranua is a little town in the south of Rovaniemi, we spent there one night at the local guesthouse. I can honestly say that there is nothing in that place. Apart from the nice Zoo (where we went the day after our arrival) there is nothing going on in the town. I am very sorry to say that, walking down the street in the city Centre at 8pm it felt like walking in a ghost’s town at midnight. I was so schoked. For who comes from a big city like me it is hard to imagine how people can live in such a place for a long time. I know that Finnish people love to have their space, their silence and peace but it was almost terrifing how desert this place was. The few people that we met looked very reserved and distant. Overall, this was probably the most different place from Italy I have visited in Finland. ...
Post popolari in questo blog
Cultural shock: The family in Sirkka/Kittila Sirkka is a region located in the north of Lapland just, 40 minutes away from the more famous Levi. That was one of the best parts of our trip. Our b&b it was actually in Kittila and we found it thanks to Booking.com. When we got there already very dark so we could not see yet how amazing the area and the nature around us was. The b&b was just magic. If you go to this region of Finland and you are looking for a place to sleep and, at the same time, experience the unique and magic Lapland lifestyle, you should go there. I absolutely suggest it, the price is not exaggerated and a nice and filling breakfast is included. The b&b is in a traditional finnish house building and it is run by a family that lives there during the whole year. They have horses and aski dogs and they live taking care of them, working in their farm and organizing night stay, activities and excursions for touri...
Studying in Finland: the main differences with the Dutch system I have been studing physiotherapy for the last 3 years in The Netherlands. I was so excited about the opportunity of coming to Finland for a semester as an Exchange due to the fact that Finland is famous all over the world for the high level of education and the quality of the health care system. Studying in Finland has been very interesting. Since day one I noticed that the the classes, the methods students use in order to get their knowledge and prepare for exams is very different from what I am used to. First, the cycle of studies here in Finland lasts 3 years, in The Netherlands is 4 in total. Where I study (in the Netherlands) the theoretical classes are more during the week and the time we spend reading books and articles is endless. Here in Finland this is not the same. The theory is important but not as much as the practical skills. I was impressed by the level of professio...




Commenti
Posta un commento