Something that schoked me: Finnish Baptism


Honestly, it took some time for make up our minds and  get into the iced water  after coming out from the super hot sauna but we all made it in the end.
As I already anticipated in the previous post, It was such a weird sensation.
It is  very hard to describe the feeling while doing it, somehow freezing but energizing. As I sais, I was very proud of myself after doing it.
In the past I have avoided situations I recognized as dangerous or unconfortable for me. I am happy that, this time, I went over my thoughts and my worries and I managed to do something new.
I think that the whole experience of living so far from home and being out of my confort zone has helped me a lot in order to grow up and (sometime) take risks.
This is actually the main reason why I would encurage anyone to go to Erasmus (if they get the chance) or at least travel and experience new things.
About the Finnish Baptism,I would say that it is definitely something everyone should do when they come to Finland. It should be compulsory, really.

I was not aware of the fact that many people in Lapland start their mornings this way, setting them up for the working day ahead. They  say that the resulting energy boost can stay with you for the rest of the day.

I believe that most of people  know already how important and rappresentative is the sauna for Finns.
For Finnish people the sauna is a place to relax with friends and family, and a place for physical and mental relaxation as well.
Finns think of saunas not as a luxury, but as a necessity. For this reason most of the buildings and houses in the city centre end in the countryside have at least one sauna.
The sauna may be propriety of one person/family or shared with neighbors.
It is crazy to think that, before the rise of public health care and nursery facilities, almost all Finnish mothers gave birth in saunas.
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog