First days in Turku...


It has been less than one week since I moved to Finland. I left my sunny and warm Sicily to move to this beautiful and wild land.

I flew to Finland few days before the beginning of the classes so that I could first look around and do some small trips.

After a quick visit to the city of Helsinki (and more than that to its nice and lively market) , and after an interesting visit to the old town of Rauma, I finally moved to Turku.
Here I will spend the whole Erasmus period. Turku is nice student town, 7 universities and lot of students everywhere!

Moving to a new city is never easy but fortunately I am here with my boyfriend, who is also an exchange student.

I have to say that I can already see how everything is different. People are generally more introverse and quite than Italians.

The Language sounds very difficult and, at the moment, I can just say thank you "Kiitos".

Fortunally, in order to make things a bit easier, all exchange students that come here are in contact with a tutor, a local student who wants to help and  meet international people. My tutor has been very nice and helpful since I am here. I am still sending her many messages asking things regarding the university or the city and she is very kind answering in time and organizing meetings.

Since I have been here I have been walking around the city exploring the new place. I actually fell love the Aura river area.

 I have been there for my afternoon runs and, honestly , it is the perfect place where to do some sport activities staying in the nature.

I really enjoyed my first days here in Turku! Cant wait to see more !!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog