Last night:The house at the lake

After our tour in the city Centre of Kuopio we headed to our home for the day, an amazing cottage next to a lake, one hour away from the city.

The typical wooden Finnish house was literally in the middle of nothing.
Situated in the middle of the forest, away from the light of the city.
We really hoped that could be the right spot for the northern lights but unfortunately we did not see them at the end. The sky was clouded and so we had no chances.

That was one of the best nights for me and my friends. We had the whole place for our self and we even had a sauna.

I loved it. There, we did our Finnish Baptism (that term is used by locals for the action of going into iced lake water right after having a sauna). Honestly, I am proud of myself for doing it, I am glad I went over my worries and I gave it a try. Now I can definetely say that it is something everybody should try at least once. Such a great feeling of freedom together with excitement!!
 
I will talk more about the Finnish Baptism in the next post :) 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog