Turists in Rovaniemi

 

 


Driving from Oulu to Rovaniemi takes about three hours by car.  I know it is quite a long time to spend on the car but, In my opinion, the best thing about doing a cartrip is that you get to see the nature and the landscape from your window.

It was impressive to see how the landscape changed while we were getting closer to the town of Santa, Rovaniemi.

Less and less villages/towns on our way, the temperature went a little more down ( around 0 degree Celsius)  and some snowflakes were coming down from the sky.

I love when it is snowing. I come from the south of Europe and there does not really snow in winter (at least not in the city). For this reason I am always happy and  excited when I see some.

We stopped in Roaniemi for few hours but, since in this period it is already deep dark at 4pm we could not really explore the sorroundings.

From what I could see, even if Rovaniemi is the main city of Lapland, it is a very small town (way smaller than Turku or Oulu).
 
since it is Santas city, It does not surprise me that, even if it is just mid-November, In the main street there are already some Christmas decorations and Christmas trees.

If you are a turist and you go to Rovaniemi you should eat at Roka steet food Restaurant. It is a small and nice places few meters away from the main street.
Food is amazing and the price isalso good. We tried a Reindear sandwich with sauce, it was the best.They also offer gluten free options (in case you need). 

 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog